Monday 1 June 2009

I'm tired and I want to go home.

And it’s another Monday. This does seem to keep happening, no matter how much I try to prevent it. Sigh. It was an interesting weekend (a bit of the ‘may you live in interesting times’ type of interesting…). David, Robin and I went to the zoo on Saturday. Well, first David and I went and got tickets (£17!!), and then, as Robin was farting around and taking forever (he said he had a problem at work, we suspected he was making out with his new man of the moment, but we will give him the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, David and I waited for Robin up on Primrose Hill, with its gorgeous view of London, and the occasional (very occasional) gorgeous specimen of manhood strutting about (and yes, I mean strutting). Robin finally shows up, resplendent in head to toe lycra (there is no accounting for taste sometimes) and we head off for a snack before heading into the zoo. Anyway, long story short, something didn’t agree with Our Lady of Perpetual Night, and poor Robin spent quite a while in deep negotiations with one of the zoo toilets. However, once freshened up, he was able to continue on his exploration of the (amazingly crappy) London Zoo, and then partake in a nice soup in St John’s Wood. Oh, and he still managed to go out in the evening to meet friends. I think had I spent my afternoon barfing at the zoo, I would be not entirely inclined to head off to a dance club that very same day. But you know, it’s fashion, darling…

Went for a lovely 95 mile bike ride yesterday off through the rolling wheat and soy fields of Essex. It’s strangely pretty for a county that inspires so much derision for being full of chavs and general horrible people. Granted, the folks I saw wandering around the various towns and cities I went through did look like they had spent a while paddling around the shallow end of the gene pool (and the clothes – honey, jeans shorts are so late 90’s and what’s with that tattoo??)… But I digress. Questionable locals aside, it was a lovely ride, and my heinie is only mildly sore today. I still have in mind to break the 200km barrier (about 120 miles), but my weakest link does seem to be the skin on my tender posterior. You’d think I’d get calluses or something. Eeeiuw!

No comments: