Thursday 25 June 2009

From creak to crack...

And we’re back in the room! I really am not very good at this whole writing regularly thing – suppose it’s b/c I actually have to do work at work. Terrible thing that is…

Anyway, I finally have a bike again today after two weeks going bikeless (it’s sort of like going commando but a lot less fun). The mysterious creak turned into a not so mysterious crack right there the seat-stay meets the top of the frame. Only thing holding the seat on was the seatpost through the frame. So, I took the bike back to the store, as well as writing a suitably aggrieved letter to Marin (to which they responded in suitably we’re-sorry-but-we-accept-nothing fashion). After two long and horrible weeks of having to take public transportation and do cardio at the gym (how I suffer!), I got the bike back yesterday with a new, upgraded frame. To this I added better brakes and better pedals, meaning I’m now basically up to the top of the line Marin bike. This just proves that if one breaks something, one should always blame the manufacturer, because one might just get a better product out of it! (Still though, it shouldn’t have cracked like that, and I don’t even want to think what would have happened had the seat fallen off while I was riding!).

We’ve just passed the summer solstice. Apparently, 36500 people went to Stonehenge to see the sun come up at 0457, or whenever it actually comes up, and guess what, it was cloudy! My friend Jesus (with a little doodah over the e) went there and it was still cloudy – you’d think he would have waved his hands around a little and sparkled things up. Just goes to show (and yes, I’m wearing rubber soled shoes). At the moment, it’s still light when I come out of the gym at 9, which I love (I think the sunset today is at 922 or something, and then it’s not really dark until at least 1030). Wouldn’t mind if that continued all year – I may not like heat, but I most certainly like light.

Not much else at the moment. I’m going to some piano concert this evening (it was free and I might absorb some culture). Apparently the composer (can’t even remember his name) was gay, which means that the venue (Wigmore Hall) is going to be full of all sorts of ‘oh darling’ poofs and their hangers on. Those homosexuals just get everywhere, like some plague or something. Recruiting numbers must be up.

Anyway, time to look busy again. Wow.

1 comment:

Katherine Plumer said...

By the way, Fair tickets are only twelve bucks or so, so if I don't come up with an adequate number (by spending MORE than twelve bucks on entry fees) I'm sure you can swing it. ;-)