Monday 5 October 2009

Wet and crappy...

So, I'm nearly through the process of cutting out caffeine completely, and I actually haven't murdered anyone yet (though the thought has crossed my mind...). Today I had two green teas. Tomorrow it's one. And then Wednesday, for the first time in 18 years, I'm going to try to go through the entire day with no caffeine (if I eat chocolate, that doesn't count, b/c my protein powder is chocolate). I'm not going to never have coffee or tea again, because that's just silly, but I decided that I needed to stop having it every day, because I really don't like the idea of being dependent on something. Ironically, given that the amount of caffeine I've been having has been dropping (to be honest, it wasn't that much - 4 cups of tea per day), I've been sleeping terribly and having weird dreams. Wow - good thing I don't smoke, seeing as how much of a baby I'm being about this...

Today is wet and cold and shitty out and I'm feeling uninspired. My bike ride in was full of morons as well - you'd think that in a place that rains as frequently as this, people would know how to drive properly in the rain. Unfortunately, you'd be wrong.

Blah.

Oh, seen at lunch - the first Christmas decorations from lamp posts. How horrid! Some of the stores have had their Christmas crap up since mid September. It's pretty sad that now by the time that Christmas gets here I'm completely sick of it. (And both sad and ironic that all traces of it disappear within several days after, when they were up for months before!).

No comments: