Tuesday 20 January 2009

Here and Alive...

And I’m back – at least briefly. I have a number of pages of blather to enter from the California trip, which I will one of these days (they will be out of order, I suppose – we will cope).

Anyway – yesterday was supposed to be the most miserable day of the year, according to scientists at the British Institute of Grumpiness and the BBC. I was grumpy and irritable yesterday, so I guess I was just proving the point. I do think, however, that my desk light actually does help some. Or, at least I’ve decided that it does b/c I’d feel really stupid about paying £129 for it otherwise. (Probably that). Still though, I will be very happy once we start getting more than a modicum of sunlight again…

We had a student here today. I was tasked with keeping him busy and interested, since I have teaching experience and Ewa (who also has teaching experience) wasn’t interested. I gave him a task to do which seems to have taken the entire day – so either I kept him occupied, or he did a very good job of playing on the Internet all day and looking busy (and more power to him if he did). Tomorrow is a team away-day, where we get to talk about such complete drivel as communication strategies and have team building exercises. I’d rather die. I don’t know why organisations come up with this sort of crap, and why people actually enjoy it. But then, the world is full of idiots, which probably explains a great deal of it.

And the Bush presidency ends in four minutes! Woohoo! Oh – and I got Indefinite Leave to Remain (as did David), which is such a relief! Hopefully not having Bush in the White House will be at least as big of a relief…

Hopefully will manage to write more over the next few days, b/c I’ve been really bad at this lately….

No comments: