Wednesday 10 December 2008

The Road to Perdition

Several amusing moments in the last few days on my bike... Two days ago, I saw a guy carrying a TV on the back of his bike (granted, he was walking and pushing the bike, but still quite impressive, I thought). Last night, I discovered that London road grit does, in fact, contain a good deal of salt amongst all the various other sharp and pointy rock-like things when I had the privilege of being sprayed by the gritting truck on my way home. And this morning I was nearly run over by an idiot cop who decided that, seeing as how he was the cop and didn't have the right of way, he'd just pull his big fat cop van right out in front of me (after seeing me), thus making me brake as hard as I could. I shouted at him and gave him the birdie (really wanted him to get out of the van b/c I wanted to give him a full piece of my mind, though that probably wasn't wise). Anyway, he drove off. How dull.

Half the office is out sick, and the other half turned up today with a hangover. Last night was the office Christmas dinner at some awful-sounding Brazilian themed restaurant. I managed to avoid. Apparently, the most exciting moment of the evening was realizing that one of the 'female' salsa dancers was, in fact, a drag queen. Um, duh? Maybe I've been hanging out in gay circles for too long...

Not much to write today--I actually did work. Scary...

No comments: