Thursday 28 May 2009

Crappy day

Ugh, one of those days. I had weird dreams last night and woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. I took my bike in (again) to get worked on, then had general transport disaster on the way to work after that. Waited through 2 Tube trains that I couldn't get onto, then they announced that 'a passenger had taken ill' two stops ahead. So I walked the two miles to Liverpool Street, where I got a train that overshot Hackney by a stop. How people survive commuting in packed public transport every day I will never know. So, I thought I would be efficient and get my bike over lunch, as it doesn't normally take long to get to London Bridge. Big mistake. They weren't done with the bike, despite saying they would be and me giving them an extra half hour leeway. My lunch ended up taking 2.5 hours, as I was also stopped by the bridge going up on my way back. Lunch bled into when I was supposed to be having an appraisal meeting, and, unfortunately, Thomas is very Germanic about time, where I am very, I suppose, Mediterranean (ie. I couldn't give a crap), so I got a big talking to about time keeping and blah blah blah whatever don't care go away. Oh, and I had a playground fight yesterday with someone in another department b/c I said he was a liar, which he is. So it's been a crappy day all told - looking forward to getting out of here, and, hopefully, getting a good workout and getting to sleep on time for once.

No comments: